The Effect of Discipline and Work Motivation on Employee Performance, BTPN Gorontalo

Ismet Sulila

Abstract


Performance is an important aspect of the organization. Performance can be influenced by various factors, including discipline and work motivation. Therefore the purposes of this study are 1) to find out to what extent the influence of Discipline on Employee Performance; 2) to know to what extent the influence of the Work Motivation on Employee Performance; 3) to figure out to what extent the influence of simultaneous discipline and work motivation on Employee Performance. This quantitative method employed multistage sampling that was done in stages. It was based on the scope of employees in BTPN Gorontalo. The analysis tool used was a mathematical model of Multiple Linear Regression with SPSS 16.0. Moreover, all BTPN Gorontalo employees were taken as the population in this study. The results of the t-test of variable of discipline significantly influence employee performance seen from tcount (4,388) ¬>ttable(1,729); while the variable of work motivation has a significant effect on employee performance behavior seen from tcount (2,379) > ttable (1,729). Based on the calculated value of 13,532 with a p-value (sig. Value) of 0,000. This value is much lower than 0.05, which means it has simultaneous effect. According to the calculation of the determination coefficients, it is obtained R Square value of 0.501. This value means 50.1% of the variability regarding Employee Performance can be explained by the independent variables in the model (Discipline and Work Motivation), while the remaining 49.9% is influenced by other variables.

Keywords


Discipline, Work Motivation, and Employee Performance

Full Text:

PDF

References


Bangun, Wilson. 2012. Manajemen sumberdaya manusia. Bandung: PT Gelora Aksara Pratama. Ghozali Iman. 2001. Analisis Multivariate dengan Program SPSS.Semarang: Badan Penerbit Universitas Diponegoro Handoko, T. Hani. 2010. Manajemen Personalia dan Sumber Daya Manusia. BPFE. Yogyakarta. Hasibuan, Malayu S.P. 2010. Manajemen Sumber Daya Manusia. Edisi Revisi. Jakarta: PT Bumi Aksara. Mangkunegara, A. A. Anwar Prabu, 2010. Evaluasi Kinerja Sumber Daya Manusia. RefikaAditama, Jakarta Martoyo Susilo, 2008, Manajemen Sumber Daya Manusia, BPFE. Yogyakarta Rivai, Veithzal. 2011. Manajemen Sumber Daya Manusia untuk Perusahaan. EdisiKedua. Jakarta. PT. Raja Grafindo Persada, Robbins, Stephen. 2010. Perilaku Organisasi. Jakarta. PT Indeks Kelompok Gramedia. __________, 2012. Perilaku Organisasi, Edisi Bahasa Indonesia, Jilid I dan II, PT. Prenhallindo, Jakarta Samsudin, Sadili. 2006. Manajemen Sumber DayaManusia. Bandung: CV. PustakaSetia Siagian P, Sondang. 2011. Manajemen Abad 21. Jakarta: BumiAksara. Tjiptono, Fandidkk. 2004. Marketing Scale. Penerbit Andi, Yogyakarta. Wiludjen, Sri. 2007. Pengantar Manajemen.Yogyakarta. GrahaIlmu Winardi, J. 2004. Motivasi dan pemotivasian dalam manajemen. Jakarta. PT Raja Grafindo Persada.




DOI: https://doi.org/10.32535/ijabim.v4i3.690

Refbacks

  • There are currently no refbacks.


Copyright (c) 2019 Ismet Sulila

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.

Flag Counter

Published by : Association of International Business & Professional Management
Editorial Office:
Association of International Business and Professional Management (AIBPM) JL. Kahuripan No. 9 Hotel Sahid Montana, Malang, Indonesia
Phone:
+62 341 366222
Email:
aibpm.publisher@gmail.com
Website:
http://aibpm.org

ISSN 2614-7432 (Print)
ISSN 2621-2862 (Online)

International Journal of Applied Business and International Management INDEXED: